OR A TRUE RELATION OF STRANGE PROCEEDINGS IN A SOMERSETSHIRE LOFT AND THE FIELDS ABOUNDING

Sunday 13 May 2012

PLEASE RAISE A GLASS GENTLEMEN...

if you can, and drink a toast to my old cat Harry, who exited this world on Thursday aged 18. I have had the old feller since 1995 and he had seen me through many ups and downs until I finally settled on an even keel. Of late his life had been less peaceful than he deserved, but he handled the attentions of 3 young boys with fortitude and his usual peaceable nature (never a bite or scratch). The only animal he ever brought back to the house was a bird that had clearly been dead for a matter of weeks. Recently he had been stone deaf and toothless and was gradually losing his sight but soldiered on until he became too ill for life to be much fun.


Typically the only digital photo I have of him shows him languishing outside in the snow a few years back at our old house. May you find your way swiftly to the feline Valhalla old chap...

2 comments:

  1. Will do, old chap. Sorry about the furry fellow's demise - odd how affecting it can be. It's a loss in itself and another reminder that we skate on pools covered by thin ice. I wish a Valhalla for Harry too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having had to put our eldest cat to sleep last week (16 years old)I can sympahise with your sad loss .

    ReplyDelete