OR A TRUE RELATION OF STRANGE PROCEEDINGS IN A SOMERSETSHIRE LOFT AND THE FIELDS ABOUNDING

Tuesday 22 December 2015

A MERRY CROM-MAS FROM THE FROST GIANT JARL

I didn't have time to paint a Christmas figure this year, so had to plunder one from the collection. This great old Ral Partha figure is a giant in my Warmaster Chaos Marauder army where he towers pleasingly over the 10mm warriors.  I've got a few more of this chap waiting to be painted for my Pre-Hammer armies.


Wishing you a Splendid Winter Solstice
and a Merry Christmas

5 comments:

  1. Wow...now that's an old miniature. My mate had one of those waaay back in 82 or so. I seem to remember it being used to suit any large monster in D&D at our table.
    A classic figure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed. I think the date on the base is 1978, so my favourite era for miniatures. This was one of the expensive figures at the time, which I used to covet, so now I am hoarding them.

      Delete
  2. A Merry Christmas to you and Yours , Tony

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's quite splendid. I had one of those minis when I was in high school. I recall an AD&D module by Gary Gygax, Glacial Rift of the Frost Giant Jarl, that I ran as a D&M. Long time ago.
    Christmas blessings to you and yours,
    Michael

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Padre, I hope you have a peaceful Christmas. I have just bought that module...I never owned it back in the late 70's so it's nice to have it now.

      Delete