OR A TRUE RELATION OF STRANGE PROCEEDINGS IN A SOMERSETSHIRE LOFT AND THE FIELDS ABOUNDING

Saturday 23 February 2019

AN HISTORIC LANDSCAPE

As it was such a lovely day here, we went for a long walk round the Avebury landscape in Wiltshire. Parking at the Sanctuary we walked along the Ridgeway towards Avebury, skirted the village and back up towards Fyfield Down. Mrs. Atticus snapped up taking a break overlooking Windmill Hill on the path up out of the village.
Although I have always lived in Somerset, I always get the feeling I am coming home when we go across the border to Wiltshire. A move might be in order one day.




5 comments:

  1. Long time since I visited the area , think I like Avebury better than Stonehenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too, and it's free to get in. Mind you it gets so busy nowadays we tend to lurk round the edges to avoid crowds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks a lovely walk. I haven’t been for ages. It is a splendid part of the country. I was most taken with the Avebury museum and the tales of the archaeologist who seemed like a fascinating character. Avebury manor (?) is a beautiful house. I know what you mean re Stonehenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Alexander Keiller was a very odd cove. Worth reading his mini biography, A Zest for Life. People still have very strong feelings about him round Avebury today!

      Delete
  4. I would highly recommend Mr Benjamin services to any person in need of financial help and they will keep you on top of high directories for any further needs. Once again I commend yourself and your staff for extraordinary service and customer service, as this is a great asset to your company and a pleasant experience to customers such as myself. Wishing you all the best for the future.Mr, Benjamin is best way to get an easy loan,here is there email.. / 247officedept@gmail.com     Or talk to Mr Benjamin On WhatsApp Via_+1-989-394-3740 Thank You for helping me with loan once again in my sincerely heart I'm forever grateful.

    ReplyDelete