OR A TRUE RELATION OF STRANGE PROCEEDINGS IN A SOMERSETSHIRE LOFT AND THE FIELDS ABOUNDING

Thursday 16 January 2020

SOLDIERS OF TRADGARDLAND


Following on from the last post, I managed to get some of the figures painted which were sent by The Duke of Tradgardland. After extensive research ( a quick look on Google), I found the main colours of the house of Oldenburg of Denmark , were yellow and red.




I think the officer is an S series Minifigs as he is a lot smaller, but all the others are the ones currently in production. The ensign wears the white sash of Denmark, and I gave him an old school full length standard pole (it looks as if the flag has slipped down a bit so I must fix that).

Once again, many thanks Alan. I enjoyed painting these and hope to expand the army in the future, hopefully with some cuirassiers next.





6 comments:

  1. My pleasure,they have painted up really well .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks..I do like the block painted glossy finish, and very therapeutic to do.

      Delete
  2. A fine looking unit. Minifigs will probably remain my favourite metal soldiers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Archduke. I think they are mine as well.

      Delete
  3. Good old Minifigs still delivering after all these years .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have so much more charm than modern figures.

      Delete