OR A TRUE RELATION OF STRANGE PROCEEDINGS IN A SOMERSETSHIRE LOFT AND THE FIELDS ABOUNDING

Saturday 25 June 2011

ADDITIONAL FACIAL HAIR

One can never have enough facial hair in my book, so when I picked up these A Call to Arms pikemen and saw their beardless chins, I just had to add some curly moustaches and goatees, using Vallejo plastic putty. The drummer and ensign (lurking in the background) are secondhand buys and are New Hope (I think).



These chaps will form another Royalist unit (hence extra milliput plumes as well), but I am making headway with the dismounted Parliament cavalry. I have been sidetracked by my 28mm ECW project, deciding how to paint them. Whether I just block the colours like my 54mm figures (quick and fun) or shade properly (expected result in the wargaming world but rather laborious) or just spend time on the face and block the rest. Hmmmm....

No comments:

Post a Comment