OR A TRUE RELATION OF STRANGE PROCEEDINGS IN A SOMERSETSHIRE LOFT AND THE FIELDS ABOUNDING

Tuesday 7 June 2011

FOR GOD AND THE KING

Just finished the first Royalist regiment for my 54mm ECW project, so here are a couple of shots with a wobbly sky backdrop. I am finding the speed at which I can bang these figures out quite exhilarating (perhaps I ought to get out more), but as I do most of my painting in the wee small hours with my eyes propped open with matchsticks waiting for the 1 year old (Thing 3) to wake up, a basic job is all I can manage at the moment.


The drummer and rank and file are A Call to Arms, with a bit of converting and head swapping (I also added milliput plumes to the musketeers hats) and the Officer and ensign are from the old New Line range I think, which I picked up secondhand on eBay.

I hope to concentrate on making some more terrain in the next month or so, so my figures can fight on a battlefield rather than marching up and down the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment