OR A TRUE RELATION OF STRANGE PROCEEDINGS IN A SOMERSETSHIRE LOFT AND THE FIELDS ABOUNDING

Tuesday 6 December 2011

KEZIAH MASON AND BROWN JENKIN

I thought I would have a bash at some 54mm figures for a change from the 20mm I have been doing recently, and prompted by my idea of a witch hunting scenario I had a go at these 2 villains from H P Lovecraft's The Dreams in the Witch House, one of his more disturbing stories (and that's saying something)


Keziah is a Sanderson figure, and the repulsive Brown Jenkin is from the old 15mm Asgard range (a wererat if I remember correctly).

I hope to paint up a couple of witches from M R James stories to give Matthew Hopkins a run for his money, so soon to follow are Count Magnus and his attendant and Mistress Mothersole.

3 comments:

  1. I specially like Brown Jenkin - a faithful little furry companion, actually :)
    [’Brown Jenkin' is one of the affectionate nicknames I give to my Borer Terrier, the other being 'Sumatran Rat-monkey]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Missed this post. Lovely work indeed, Brown Jenkin is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dave, I might do some more of these Witchy figures soon. I would like to get a Black Phillip figure from the film The VVitch.

      Delete