OR A TRUE RELATION OF STRANGE PROCEEDINGS IN A SOMERSETSHIRE LOFT AND THE FIELDS ABOUNDING

Tuesday 30 December 2014

4TH DRAGOONS FOR ARMY RED

Although I have pledged to crack on with 54mm ECW figures, I couldn't help dabbling with my Funny Little Wigs project. I have just blown a good deal of next years budget on an order to Rose Miniatures for some Marlburians (bigod, 54mm metal figures don't come cheap).

I have managed to get some cavalry done and varnished, but I will have to find a new supply of yacht varnish as my current batch is drying very yellow (noticeable on pale colours, I had to repaint the white bits on these figures)

Irregular Miniatures riders on A Call to Arms ECW horses with milliput pistol covers.


I'm think I'm right in saying the 4th Dragoons (also known as Essex's) were Christian Davies regiment, that indomitable female warrior, shown here with blue facings, but I'm sure they had green...oh well who cares (not me for sure).


I'll try and post tomorrow with a summary of the years painting.Toodlepip.


1 comment:

  1. Splendid wiggy chapsI say. I imagine your warchest has taken a battering...

    ReplyDelete