OR A TRUE RELATION OF STRANGE PROCEEDINGS IN A SOMERSETSHIRE LOFT AND THE FIELDS ABOUNDING

Monday 19 January 2015

YELLOW ROYALISTS

Here we have the fist regiment of 2015, a generic Royalist unit which will be used as Trevanyon's at Lansdown.


Not the best musketeer sculpt out there, but the only firing pose A Call to Arms do.


The second rank were given brimmed hats to replace the silly sock like affairs the original figure had. I can vouch from experience that a broad brimmed titfer is considerably more use in all weathers than a knitted monmouth cap.

A motley bunch of metal command figures. I really like to officer figure which I picked up on ebay, he is quite simplistic and I wonder if he were a homemade bod.

The colour is based on that of Talbot's regiment, I was quite pleased with the freehand hound I managed.

4 comments:

  1. A steady hand needed for the painting of flags ! , Tony

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice regiment, the yellow colour is nice and bright.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI, the officer figure you picked up on ebay is from a short run range called Kearton's Heroes which were produced by dealer/collector George Kearton back in the early 1980's. They were sculpted by a modeler called Vince Mattocks and the range consisted of historical personalities that George admired, if memory serves me right this was the only one from the ECW and depicts Prince Rupert of the Rhine.
    Best wishes, Brian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brian, that is really interesting. I have a very similar chap reading a map I bought at the same time and will post him as soon as I can for you to take a look at.
      best regards
      Mike

      Delete