OR A TRUE RELATION OF STRANGE PROCEEDINGS IN A SOMERSETSHIRE LOFT AND THE FIELDS ABOUNDING

Wednesday 23 January 2019

THIRTY YEARS WAR PIKEMEN BY MALPLAQUET MINIATURES

Another shameless commercial , as Mammon reigns in the Atticus household. Just finished this batch of grubby pikemen which were great fun to paint. Renegade Miniatures have real character without being too goofy like a lot of Foundry figures, or a bit bland like Perry's.

Block paint, drybrush, wash and highlight worked well to give that ragged look one associates with the TYW.

Available to buy here, or comment below and I'll be in touch.
(THIS UNIT NOW SOLD)
I am tempted to do a small TYW force for myself (Mansfeld's band of mercenary scum would be jolly). 
I have just taken delivery of a small order of medievals from Front Rank for my Venetian army. Lovely crisp castings. Roll of February when I can start painting for myself.










2 comments:

  1. A splendid period and a great job on this impresssive unit sir!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil, it is a fascinating period with some colourful characters. More coming soon.

      Delete