OR A TRUE RELATION OF STRANGE PROCEEDINGS IN A SOMERSETSHIRE LOFT AND THE FIELDS ABOUNDING

Saturday 17 September 2011

JUST POPPING OUT FOR A PINT OF MILK DEAR....

On Thursday, I nipped out to one of my favourite places, about 45minutes drive from Atticus Towers. I have been reading quite a bit of Late Roman and Arthurian matter recently so I had a hankering to gaze into Dumnonia and see Ynys Witrin (or Glastonbury Tor if you prefer) .

I have been going to Ebbor Gorge since I was a child, and it never seems to lose it's beauty, although it is getting more and more popular, and like most designated nature reserves you do get people going there to empty their dog and chuck litter about. Happily Ebbor seems to still be relatively untouched and as I arrived at 7.45am I was delighted to see I would enjoy the walk on my own.

The woods on the approach to the Gorge


Looking back down the Gorge path



Possibly my favourite view. I can sit here for hours. Glastonbury Tor is visible in the left distance.


From the same place but looking down into the Gorge


I always bring breakfast (the film canister contains coffee)


Poignantly, someone had left these lilies right at the edge of the cliff.


Anyhow, after spending a good hour gazing at the view, I had to return to reality and get back to do the weekly shop, but I felt better for my time out.

1 comment:

  1. A place I have often visited in my mind but not sadly as yet in reality- one day...

    ReplyDelete