OR A TRUE RELATION OF STRANGE PROCEEDINGS IN A SOMERSETSHIRE LOFT AND THE FIELDS ABOUNDING

Monday 20 February 2012

ARBORICULTURAL FUN

I was looking at my 54mm figures despondently on yesterday, wondering how on earth I was ever going to get enough terrain made to have a decent layout/game, when I remembered this picture I had seen on the Irregular Miniatures website
using some very simple slot together houses and basic walls. Also on Mannie Gentile's wonderful blog
http://toysoldiersforever.blogspot.com/

he shows how to make some fantastic flat pack trees. Well, as I am drifting towards the toy soldier approach rather than the wargaming one, I rather like the idea of flatpack scenery, and it's just the sort of thing my Dad would have made for fun (not that he was a soldier collector). I have just spent a pleasant hour in the garage cutting out nice shapes of trees and bushes, and fully intend to do more tomorrow and then have a bash at some houses and a church

Some shrubs, oak trees, limes and poplars.


For stability I will drill holes in the base of the trees, and make some circular stands with dowel inserts to hold them up.

2 comments:

  1. They look really effective, I like the house as well, if rules allow you can be in four rooms, if they don't you're 'outside'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the kind words.

    Mannie

    ReplyDelete